Other things that are making me feel better:
1. My weight gain has plateaued. There's almost no room for food in there so my portions have had to be smaller and I've cut way back on salt = a much less swollen me.
2. My LA- and OC-based girlfriends have come to visit "one last time" before Zoe arrives! It has been like having a shower bit by bit, which is actually more fun than doing it all at once anyway as it turns out.
3. My mom faithfully comes to see me and help me once a week, always toting with her some adorable thing for Ms. Z and also some fun thing for Mr. N. She is so good about making sure he feels as loved as can be. This past week it was a toy stroller (with which he is fascinated) and jelly bellies (his absolute favorite "food" in the world).
4. The fact that, thanks to very generous friends who've given us *lots* of their daughters' hand-me-downs, Zoe now has pretty much everything she needs. And it has all been washed, dried, and folded. I also put most of Nick's baby clothes on consignment this week to start an account at my favorite second-hand baby store where now I can go and get new things for him and Zoe! Why I didn't come up that idea sooner I don't know. But since most of my mom friends are having girls Nick's clothes were just taking up space. I saved a few of my favorite things for my girlfriend Michele who is having another boy, and the rest will help us make way as these two grow!
I've also found a place I can donate all my maternity clothes in a few weeks where they will go to moms in need. I think that's awesome!
So as I tidy up and organize, we are almost, dare I say it, ready for this beautiful girl to make her debut!
No comments:
Post a Comment