I've been reflective lately about a lot of things, one of which is my passion for photography and for documenting the stages of my kids' lives in close detail. I'm realizing that it's at least in part a function of the fact that so few photographs exist of my own family. Of course photography in those days was very different - more cumbersome, more expensive; digital technology allows us the freedom of image disposability. One could also argue that because I have so few photographs of my family, I treasure them more. But I want my kids to have pseudo-photojournalistic access to their lives.
Sometimes I think about photographs I wish I could go back in time and take myself. I would love to have a photograph of my parents together when they were young. I don't have a single one! And so I make sure there are pictures of just Dave and me, because I know that one day these shots will be treasures for Nick and Zoe.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment