The first day went well - felt like the first day of school when I was a kid. My mom was here and even took a picture of me before I left for the day. I can't believe I cleaned up so well, actually. One hour earlier I was in pajamas with my hair in a pony tail, no makeup, with spit and dried milk all over my shirt and arm. Such is the life of a working mama. But I'm glad to be back and missed my students very much. Today, for the first time in a long time, I felt like "me" again, although, if I'm honest, I do wish I could just be Nick's mom and nothing else until he's a little older. I feel like his babyhood is passing me by. I don't want to miss a minute of it. Ah, the conflicts I feel. I'm sure with time they'll be resolved.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Back to work
The first day went well - felt like the first day of school when I was a kid. My mom was here and even took a picture of me before I left for the day. I can't believe I cleaned up so well, actually. One hour earlier I was in pajamas with my hair in a pony tail, no makeup, with spit and dried milk all over my shirt and arm. Such is the life of a working mama. But I'm glad to be back and missed my students very much. Today, for the first time in a long time, I felt like "me" again, although, if I'm honest, I do wish I could just be Nick's mom and nothing else until he's a little older. I feel like his babyhood is passing me by. I don't want to miss a minute of it. Ah, the conflicts I feel. I'm sure with time they'll be resolved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I want to see the business Athena! I'm so glad your first day back was a success. It is so fun to check in and hear about your day. Love and miss you.
Post a Comment