Monday, January 14, 2008

Congratulations to Kris & Tim, and Revival of Soul Impressions

Yesterday was a BIG day around these parts ... I got to see my sister's beautiful new house in Dove Canyon, and I was inspired to come back to my little blogspot and start posting again. How did that happen, you ask? Well, after we visited the new house and I took way too many pictures (more on that in a moment), we went to lunch at my all-time favorite restaurant, Woodranch Grill, and over lunch we started talking about blogs. Kristin has found someone's blogspot and become completely addicted. So then I said, "Well, I have a blogspot as a matter of fact," and Jeff chimed in, "I have one, too." None of us knew the others had them or were even interested. So I promptly came home and gave mine a dusting and polishing (i.e., a new template) and now I'll take it live, at least for the people who would be interested.

Now, you may be wondering, if I took so many pictures of her new house yesterday, why did I only post a photo of a bird's nest in a tree? Because it's the first thing I noticed when I walked up to her driveway - this tiny little nest, now vacant, nestled in the bare branches of a deciduous tree. Anyone can post pics of a house; but not just anyone notices the details that make a house a home.

2 comments:

Susie said...

It has a warm, inviting feeling here, Athena. I'm glad to visit- and welcome to the blogosphere :)

Jeff said...

You're such a talented photographer and writer, I know your blog is gonna be a big hit! At some point, we may wanna set you up with a domain name to point here to make it easier for your subscribers.

Your blog inspired me to update my blog. Check out my latest rant about junk mail and telemarketers with helpful links to empower you to take control and stop the madness.

Jeff