2. I go back to work next week and I'm simultaneously sad and excited about my return.
3. I received two really nice compliments this week from two different people and they made me feel so good about myself! I needed that boost of self-confidence right before I go back to work.
4. Sometimes, like right now, I miss being pregnant. What exactly do I miss? Long afternoon catnaps (even though I had to lay on my left side, which I hate); feeling life inside me - the kicks, the turns, the occasional knee punches; having great skin and healthy hair; being treated extra nicely by strangers (who probably just felt sorry for me but so what); rubbing my belly, which I thought was the most beautiful thing ever; all the hormones, which made me feel happy and sexy and energetic from week 16 until about week 30. And you know what? I'd go back and do it all over again if I could (David says, you can! But I don't mean a second baby, I mean with Nick).
5. Speaking of my little man, he doesn't sleep much and I am E-X-H-A-U-S-T-E-D.
6. I have decided to vote for Barack Obama because something in me just doesn't trust Hillary all that much. And Edwards seems too Southern and Gentle for the job.
I would potentially vote for McCain if his stance on the war changed, actually.
7. My mom has been here staying with me for a few days so I can get work done and I am grateful for the help.
8. Nick has taken to screaming like a rabid monkey when you don't pay enough attention to him. He especially likes to do this in restaurants when it's quiet.
9. I went to Home Goods this week (OF COURSE) and once again, no crazies.
10. David recovered from his tonsilectomy with absolutely no trouble. He's like that - if it takes normal people 3 weeks to recover, he will somehow manage to bounce back in 3 days.
1 comment:
Just arrived home from Home GOods- I was on the lookout for crazies, but decided it must have been me since I was the one with monkeys in the cart and a sharp pointed star hanging over the side. I love that store- I think I could go up and down the aisles for hours just browsing. They need a Starbucks like The Great Indoors, then, I will move in for a morning :)
Post a Comment