
This is not the most peaceful baby in the world; but you wouldn't know it from the picture I uploaded here, taken this morning in her royal onesie (LOVE etsy.com). I had colic from birth to 9 months, and my mom said she always wished that I'd have a colicky daughter so I'd know what it was like. Well, THANKS MOM. Here she is. Fussina Fusserman, as I call her (I called her that at the doctor's office yesterday, cracked the nurse up). She's rarely pleased, rarely peaceful. She does sleep in 4 hour stretches at night thank goodness. But during the day, it's pretty much a fuss-fest at our house. And when she cries, Nick does a "fake" sympathy cry (which is actually pretty funny, though after about an hour of them both going at it, I'm done). Anyway, I think it's funny - all of us new moms work hard to capture the photos of the good times, the happy moments. The reality of motherhood is this (and not just for me in my post-partum depression-y haze): Your hair is dirty, you have no makeup on, your clothes smell like stale breastmilk or formula, you have not slept in god knows how long, and you'd secretly (or not-so-secretly) like to run away. Far away. But you don't, because you love these munchkins. And there are, after all, moments like these, deceptive as they may be.
p.s. Once again I look at this photo and it's like looking back at Nick two years ago. These two just look so alike to me!
1 comment:
She looks so calm and peaceful.
Secret confession: Even when they're 6, sometimes, you want to run away, too. Luckily, God reminds you how much they love and need you :)
Post a Comment