Saturday, April 11, 2009

Where you find it

I am working hard to find happiness and be in the moment, for my kids. They deserve a happy mommy, and the bottom line is that my happiness rests in my hands. Evidence of my efforts can be found here, in this shot of my little month-old girl who has a terrible case of baby acne but is still beautiful nonetheless ...
And in my little two year-old man who had his first easter egg hunt courtesy of Grammie and Grandpa last week, practice for his first 'real' egg hunt tomorrow at Auntie K's Easter Bash ...


So that I don't look back in 20 years and think, wow, I shouldn't have reveled in what was wrong - I should have basked in what was right - I am working to savor these moments that can't ever be relived. As I realized while watching Nick hunt for eggs, happiness is where you find it. Sometimes it's as simple as that.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You are so right!
And you are an amazing mom.
LOVE the pictures. Thanks so much for sharing them.
Happy Easter my friend . ;)

Katerina said...

You're on the right track! You have TWO incredible beautiful and healthy babies and a lot to be happy about! I wish you all the best! Love, Katerina

Cottage At Dove Canyon said...

Good for you. It's good to try to focus in on the positive things, of which there are certainly many for you. Two beautiful amazing lives that bring so much joy to so many people. I can't tell you how I enjoyed my niece and nephew today. And if I hear one more word about baby acne, I am going to disown you. That baby is perfectly flawless.