I am so excited. At the annual Graduate Luncheon today I was honored as Faculty Member of the Year. This award is given by the students, so it's particularly special to me. However I must say that winning came as a big surprise because I was on leave for half of this academic year! It's nice to know that my work was recognized even in my absence.
There was also a staff award and a number of student awards. We were seated with the dean and VP of student services at a table right up front.

Each awardee was called up and comments from those who nominated them for their award were read to the audience. I was so flattered by what students had written about me, that I boosted their confidence in their abilities, that they felt I was available and accessible to them, and that I had pushed them to reach their full potential.

Here are some other pics from the day: Me with my dean, Paula Cordeiro.

And me with my colleague and friend Laura Stein who won the Staff of the Year award.

This was a day I won't soon forget and I am so grateful to my students for giving me this incredible award. Thank you, thank you!
5 comments:
Awesome, Athena! Way to go-I am sure it's well deserved :) Happy Summer break!!
Congrats!! That's fantastic!! I'm glad there are many others who also realize just how special you are :)
I think you should get to go buy something shiny for yourself to celebrate :)
WOW! That is just the coolest - so well deserved! Congratulations on being new mommy of the year AND professor of the year!
Awesome!
Congratulations! You make a brother proud!! We need to celebrate.
Congratulations!! As a former student, I know the honor is well-deserved! I know how lucky these students are to have you :)
Post a Comment