I'm really good at giving advice (like really, really good). I try only to give it when it's asked for. But when you ask, I give and I tend to be right a lot of the time. For the life of me, though, I cannot give myself advice (or follow the advice I give others).
Someone a long time ago gave me really GREAT advice that I find hard to live by. She told me, "If you want something, imagine it, and then claim it for yourself." In other words, work toward your goal as if it's already in place. I guess I should qualify this by saying I've claimed many things when they come to my work. I always imagine where I want to be professionally and poof, I somehow end up right there. In my personal life I'm not so gutsy.
That's because if I were to imagine what I want for myself and claim it, a lot would change. When I claim my work goals, that's just about me. In my personal life there's my family and people I care about whose lives are impacted by my wishes as well.
What has happened lately is that I'm not staking my claim in my life, but at night when I dream that's all I do - see visions of this life I'm desiring in all its glory without any sacrifices. I find myself looking forward to bedtime lately. This morning, for example, I fought so hard to stay in my dream.
Anyway, that's where I'm at for today. Oh and trying to get well, too.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment