Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Justification

I can't resist a pretty orchid. I just can't. For some people the weakness is shoes (ahem, you know who you are), for others it's jewelry (and I'm there, too) but for me, it's all about orchids. I pretty much stick to one kind, phalaenopsis, but this dendrobium nobile almost reached out and bit me yesterday when I went to Trader Joe's! It's called "Kahala Sunset" and I'm telling you, it's a little slice of magic.
Be honest now, you would have bought it too, right? If my husband asks, I'm just going to say, "Oops! It fell into my cart and what was I going to do, leave it there?"

2 comments:

Cottage At Dove Canyon said...

They are so waxy and colorful, they don't even look real. My Trader Joe's just has tired old daffodils. What's up with that?

Susie said...

Are you talking about me? I *heart* my shoes and have a great post coming up about them one of these days. Ahem, they just fell into my online shopping cart, honey :)

Your orchids are beautiful! IN fact, I think of you whenever I see them now!