1. Nick had terrible gas last night and screamed for a few hours so he and I are both exhausted today. Not a good combination - tired and very fussy baby, tired and very pregnant and hormonal mama. I think we will eat comfort food and watch Little Einsteins together until naptime.
2. Yesterday was our genetic counseling appointment for Baby #2 and I'm starting to think there is such a thing as too much information (says the professor who always says more info is better). I left there feeling worried and thought back to my pregnancy with Nick when I didn't do all these early tests, so I worried less. Ignorance is bliss. On the flip side I'll know sooner and more definitively this time that the new baby is healthy.
3. People are very judgmental about the fact that we co-sleep with Nick - way more judgmental than I would have ever expected - and most of the judgment comes from other moms who are constantly saying to me, "Well of course you're going to put him in his crib now and let him work it out before the next baby arrives, RIGHT?" I trust my own judgment as a mother to make decisions about what's right for me and my baby. And I try to let others do the same.
4. I'm craving homemade grilled cheese sandwiches, food from Chili's, and fruit. It's a weird combination. So my house is stocked with bread, cheese, and berries.
5. I keep having dreams where people bring me pictures of myself when I was thinner, and tell me how pretty I used to be before I had kids. I think I need a little dose of self-esteem this week. I'm in that phase of pregnancy where you just look chunky. No one would know I'm pregnant, but they'd think I have eaten one too many hamburgers. I don't want to wish the rest of these first months away, but there is an up-side to "showing". I need one of those t-shirts that says, "I'm not fat - I'm pregnant."
Here's to the weekend, a shot of feel good vibes, and an extra nap or two thrown in for good measure!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
As one who was recently familiar with the stage of pregnancy you are in: I know it may not help much, but you are, for the record, fantastically gorgeous. And it really helped me, at this phase, go buy some adorable shoes, and to buy a super cute maternity shirt that was clingy, so I would 'look' preggo. So basically, I'm all for retail therapy :)
There is power in your thoughts. Focus on the positive.
When it comes to your children, trust yourself and use your intuition.
Nick has a beautiful Mommy! Be nice to yourself.
Post a Comment