Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nick's 1st haircut!

Today Nick had his first haircut at Chloe's Carousel, a very cute and kid-oriented salon here in Rancho Bernardo. At first he was so excited because all he saw was the playroom and toys. He scoped the place out and headed right for ... the pink, heart-shaped magic wand. Not sure why, but he picked the most girly toy in the place to hang on to, and he held it until we left. When his stylist came and called him over, at first he was okay with it/her. She popped in a Baby Einstein video and he was totally relaxed. Then she went to cape him (in a leopard-print cape, no less) and he was like, um, no. The tears started coming. He calmed down once I held him in my lap and helped him focus on Baby Einstein. The haircut itself went uneventfully well, though it was a little uneven (he never stopped moving). All in all, we emerged unscathed. Nick even got a certificate of achievement! I am a proud mom, if just a little sad. I had them box up his little curls and I know I'll keep them forever. One day he'll have dark hair like his father and I do and he'll never believe he was actually blond. And I will always look at this little curls and think of my tiny man, whose personality is as soft and sweet as those baby locks in the box.

Enjoy these fun images of his first salon experience!







2 comments:

Susie said...

We tried out a new salon for kids today, too. Although, half the store was sparkles, glitter and princess paraphernalia- something tells me they were catering to one gender! Did they offer Nick glitter- that would have sent me over the edge!

Cottage At Dove Canyon said...

He looks very grown up with his little 'do.