I went into my 18-week anatomy scan today just hoping to learn that our baby is healthy and growing on schedule; I didn't expect to have the entire process turned upside down when the sonographer said, "You're having a GIRL!" I almost fell off the table. My mom and husband were silent. Here we've been expecting a boy for about 3 weeks since the last ultrasound we had at one of those commercial 4D places. Well, they were wrong; it was either too early and her parts were swollen, or what we thought was a penis was actually the umbilical cord, or both. But it's 100% for sure, we're having a girl.
If you read my earlier posts on being a mom to two boys, you probably sensed my ambivalence about having another son. But as time went on, I'd really come around to the idea! I imagined Nick and his little brother cruising around in their wagon together, teaching each other boy stuff. Of course I'm over-the-moon happy to be having a daughter. But the news today kind of knocked me off my feet. I didn't see it coming, or even think to look.
Life keeps you on your toes, that's for sure! Oh and best of all, she's healthy. Above all, isn't that what matters most?
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
No way!!! I REALLY thought your bean was a girl, too :) Woo hoo! (You know how I like to be right...) Nick is going to be such a sweet big brother to a little lady :)
GET OUT! What a fun surprise for sure!
I think one of each would be so perfect--above all, I'm so glad to hear she as healthy as can be:)
Start saving money for a kaiya eve pettiskirt- it will make fun pictures :)
That is just amazing!
I actuelly have goose bumpes!!! ;-)
You are right, life is full of suprises!
I am so happy for you!
Have you guys thought about names for you little princess yet?
Post a Comment