Monday, November 24, 2008

Dear Santa

So my sister posted her Christmas wishlist on her blog, and now I guess it's my turn! My desiderata are many this year because we're cutting back (did ya read my last post?). I'm hoping this list helps Santa (aka my family). Who knew as adults we'd all be blogging our lists, rather than just talking to each other? I guess this is more fun because it's the illustrated version ...

1. The elves at Stampin Up! have tempted me with the following items (no images available, sorry - but trust me, it's ALL cute):
(2) Bella Rose designer paper, item 112041
(1) Holiday Treasures designer paper, item 112469
(1) Scallop square punch, item 112081
(1) Scallop edge punch, item 112091
(1) A Rose is a Rose stamp set, item 111560
(1) Say it with Scallops stamp set, item 111678
(1) Word Window punch, item 105090
(1) Stampin pad Kiwi Kiss, item 111835
(1) Assorted cardstock set In Color, item 111347
(1) Kiwi Kiss ribbon, item 111372

2. AHHHH this Cricut machine would be dreamy to own. But that's like super-crazy wishlist, not "normal folks on a budget" wishlist. Here's the info anyway :0) HSN item 377-824:

3. These shoes have been on my list forever: Did I mention the brand is Athena Alexander? From Nordies, of course. I'll take a black or pewter size 7, thank you. Oh Santa, if you love me, get me both! I promise to wear them until they fall off my feet, as I do all sparkly shoes (this is funny to you if you've seen my sparkly-but-beyond-retirement flip-flops).

4. Samsara is my old favorite perfume. I've come back to it, and it's like coming home. And I'm on the final few drops of my very worn-out bottle. The description from Nordstrom makes it sound so exotic! After all these years, I hadn't thought it so: "In Sanskrit, Samsara means the eternal cycle of life. It is an imaginary place, sacred and mysterious, where Orient and Occident meet. Samsara is the symbol of harmony, of absolute osmosis between a woman and her perfume. It is a spiritual voyage leading to serenity and inner contemplation. The bottle, in the sacred red of the Orient, echoes the figure of a Khmer dancer in the Musée Guimet in Paris, her hands folded in a gesture of offering, expressing plenitude and femininity. The stopper evokes the eye of Buddha. A tantalizing floral-oriental perfume, Samsara is a harmonious blend of all-natural essences, including jasmine, ylang ylang, sandalwood and tonka bean." So add this to the list (but only the Eau de Parfum, santa, as I don't wear Eau de Toilette - doesn't last, and so what's the point).

5. I've started collecting ornaments for a "fairy tree" for Zoe (to go along with our "all red" family tree and my own "gingerbread fantasy" tree). I want it to be done in lime green and lavender with fairies and butterflies. To decorate in similar style, I'd *love* this garland, which comes complete with ombred glittery butterflies. (And yes, the matching wreath is lovely, too.) Also, any pretty fairy ornaments or color-coordinating items would be appreciated. Oh and a few extra of these butterflies (also incidentally from Pottery Barn) to scatter around would be pretty cool, too.

6. Also for Zoe, these pretty things from etsy.com (have you EVER seen more beautiful baby items than you can find on etsy? My word! AND you get to support artists and their talents at the same time ...). These are listed with the corresponding boutique name to make them easier to find.
From SoSooRosey's Boutique, the Infant Snuggle Sacque:

From Gracious May's Boutique, these adorable shoes:

From Happy Babee and Beeyond's Boutique, this minky bib:

and that list could go on and on ...

7. I collect bracelets to wear during my pregnancies that I can give to my kids one day (and say hey, I wore this when I was pregnant with you). Nick's is a Hawaiian tri-gold plumeria bracelet that I hope his future wife or daughter will treasure. Zoe so far has a tri-gold bracelet that my parents bought me as a Christmas gift when I was about 10 years old. There's one I'd like to get and wear for her, though, for these last few months of pregnancy given her name. It's Black Hills gold with a rose in the design. If you google "Rose Hills gold rose bracelet" pretty much the same one pops up over and over again. Like this:

8. Last and least, I really want and need a steam mop for my hardwood floors. I've been asking for this puppy for two years. I know, I should just break down and buy it. If Santa doesn't see it appropriate to hook me up this year, I will!

And that's it! I need maternity clothes of course, not pants but cute tops. I'm going to wait for after-Christmas sales I think.
Has my list inspired yours? Or you to make your own? Ho ho ho!

No comments: