I have found as a mother that naming your child is a sacred act. I think names should have meaning, significance, and purpose; a name should reflect what you feel you know about the little soul who will bear it. Naming my daughter has been more difficult than naming my son, in part because David and I both agreed that we'd like to name a boy after my father, Nicholas. For a girl, we always liked Zoe and Sofia. What's funny is that while we like Zoe Sofia for a first and middle name combo, it just didn't feel "right" based on what I know of this little girl so far. Her soul inside me feels very delicate and light. Sofia is like Athena, heavy and serious. My name feels like a coat of armor sometimes that I have to carry. I love it, don't get me wrong, but it's a lot to be. So a few weeks ago, the name Rose came to me. My mom says she's naming herself because almost the same day Rose came to her as an idea for a middle name, too. My grandmother's middle name was Roselle, so it has some significance. Roses are my second favorite flower after plumeria (you can't use *that* as a name) and doesn't Rose just flow with Zoe? Zoe Rose.
Do you like it too?
4 comments:
Oh, I do, I do! I also love that Rose picture - did you take it? I think you should keep it around as a baby book cover sort of picture :)
Miss you!
Very sweet and feminine. Tim's grandma's name was Rose.
I'm just glad the first name is Zoe! It's one of my favorite names.
What came to me is that there may be a message in the struggle that you may not be listening to.
Beautiful name! It's timeless, I love it! ;)
Post a Comment