On a funny note, we went to a Christmas party this weekend where Santa arrived and you had the option of bringing a small gift for him to give your child while he was there. Well, when he got to Nick's gift, he YELLED out "Nicholas!? Where is Nicholas? That's MY name!" and scared the crap out of my little guy, who started crying and didn't want to take the gift Santa offered him (even thought it was a cool red bird and Nick l-o-v-e-s birds).
My child isn't a huge fan of Mr. Claus. Yet.
Sadly, another child at the party had parents who either didn't remember or couldn't afford to give him a gift from Santa so the hostess collected money from everyone and put it in an envelope for him. All of the other kids' gifts were thoughtfully chosen and wrapped; it was hard to watch him open his envelope of singles without a sign of joy or happiness on his face. {sigh} Makes me wish I had been thoughtful enough to bring an extra gift just in case. I will next time. It was another reminder to me of the many blessings I tend to take for granted.
Merry Christmas to you all.
3 comments:
I'm so proud of my sister the photographer! We have so many talents in this family.
When I hear you talking about running yourself ragged, I can't help but worry that you've inherited Mom's crazy Christmas gene. Try to keep it in balance sister and never threaten to knock down a Christmas tree! :-)
I miss my nephew. He looks strangely older in this latest picture. As much as I'm anxiously awaiting his first sentences, it reminds me to cherish his remaining baby months.
I can't wait to see you guys!
Love,
Jeff
The tree looks great, Athena :) I'm glad you put the tip to use :)
I think you have the most generous heart. I love the idea of bringing an extra gift next year :)
Merry Christmas, friend!
Wow, your Christmas tree's are beautiful. I love the idea. One tree for each child. Just beautiful. ;)
btw: that's such a cute picture of Nick. He really is looking a lot older there.
Like a BIG BROTHER. ;)
Merry Christmas
Post a Comment