I thought it would be fun to switch things up - here's the 10 on Tuesday but instead of just 10 random facts or happenings, I'm listing 10 odd things about me and my personality (some you may not know!).
1. I hate mayonnaise. Even the thought of it makes me sick. But I will still eat a good chicken salad sandwich anyday (like the one at Claim Jumper = YUM); I just can't think about how it's made.
2. I am not a night-owl. I love going to sleep before 8. So having a baby who does so suits me just fine.
3. I believe in past-lives, ghosts, and the paranormal. I had a very scary experience once that has led me to seriously believe that there is a "dark side". I practiced witchcraft for a few years (long ago) and accidentally brought something evil into my house (didn't cast a circle and close it before working a spell). This is all true. I never practiced again and have become quite a devout believer in God as a result (seeing the dark side proved that there's a light side, too, if that makes sense). I don't think witchcraft is bad per se; I just made a really serious mistake with it (one all practitioners know not to make) and realized I'd rather not tamper with the darker side of things again.
Of course having said that I still own 10 decks of tarot cards and use my pendulum when I need to make a decision.
4. My mom is psychic - has had ALL kinds of paranormal experiences - so I think I got all this from her. She's very witchy in her own way. And so was my grandma. But she'd never have admitted it. Maybe it runs down through the women in my family.
5. In keeping with the otherwordly theme of 3 & 4, I believe I have known Nick's spirit for many, many years, even lifetimes. I knew exactly how he would be before he was born. My brother studies Kabbalah and says that Nick chose me to be his mother. I like that idea. Lucky me!
6. I am a loner, but a very social loner. I love crowds and people and parties but I just need a lot of time by myself before and after to recover and be peaceful.
7. I hate to brush my teeth. I don't know why, I just hate it and wish I didn't have to do it.
8. I have an entitlement complex and I have worked my whole life to get over it.
9. I love teaching. It is for sure my calling in life. It was nice to find my calling so young. I think I would have been good at acting. I was also an excellent waitress for years. I'm a good multi-tasker and very organized in an OCD-kind-of-way.
10. I have a really strong friendship with my ex-fiance, which most people find odd. I take it as such a compliment that he knows me so well and still likes me :0)
What are you some of your quirks and oddities?
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment