Anyway, all to say that I'll be back in a week. See you then! In the meantime check out the birthday pictures.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Taking a break ...
I am sitting here on Sunday night recalling all the events of last year, at this exact time, getting ready to meet my son. I've decided to take a week off from this blog and finish up the book I've been writing to Nick since the day I found out I was pregnant. It is officially 300 pages long (single-space, yes, but with photos). I am going to have it bound in April as my birthday gift to him. I certainly can't buy him any more toys ... have you seen this little man's birthday loot?
And his Aunt and extended family haven't even given him their gifts yet! We are so blessed. Anyway, who knows if he will ever read the book, titled Notes to Nicholas, but it has been my way of documenting this journey for him since he won't remember it all. Every new development, every special moment is chronicled. I am even thinking of sending it to a publisher. Looking back when I was pregnant I think I would have bought something like it - a mom's notes to her unborn son and then her notes to him throughout his first year.
Anyway, all to say that I'll be back in a week. See you then! In the meantime check out the birthday pictures.
Anyway, all to say that I'll be back in a week. See you then! In the meantime check out the birthday pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment