Sunday, April 06, 2008

We're back!

But this will be a quick update post. I am sick at the absolute worst time in the semester for a professor to be unwell. I just have to share that Little Man is loving the walker he got for his birthday. He pushes that thing anywhere and everywhere, and gets so frustrated when he runs into a wall or the island in the kitchen (but has learned to turn it around by himself!). It's hilarious. I have video but it has to be converted from high definition in order to go on YouTube or something like that. I will work on it soon and post when I can. In the meantime, here's a photo.He also got his first official "walker" shoes at Stride Rite this week. He loved the lady who fitted him for his shoes. Let's just say he was focused on one particular feature of her body and he must have been thinking that if he could just get close enough for a cuddle, she would have a LOT of milk for him :0)

Two major developments this week: He has learned how to kiss, and loves doing it! And he started to share his food with me. That has been fun. It's wonderful to see him reciprocate all the feelings I've had for and shown to him for so long.

Finally, I must end this post with an expression of frustration. Wouldn't you know it? Everyone buys him wonderful birthday toys and he spends his week playing with them on occasion, but clearly prefers two things: One, a plasic back massager thing that someone gave me in a spa gift basket about 3 years ago (he found it by accident); and two, a plastic drinking bottle that his Grammie put some tictacs in so it would rattle when he rolls it. Lesson learned: The best toys are the ones you don't buy.

Hope your week gets off to a great start!

No comments: