The "Things I'm happy about this week" edition!
1. It's almost summer! And that gloomy weather we had for about a week is gone ...
2. I have a beautiful new LG steam washer and dryer set that was ridiculously expensive but actually makes doing laundry
almost painless. It even steam washes and dries dress shirts so our dry-cleaning bill is about to drop significantly! (Author's note: I am officially old for being so happy about appliances.)

3. I bought Nick a pair of camo-colored mock Crocs this week and I think they are super cute.

4. Speaking of Mr. Pickles, he took a tumble on Wed. that landed us in the ER for 2 hours. He tripped and fell forward onto the edge of a chair while Dave and I were both watching him. We were so scared because he actually had an indentation in his head! But by the time we got to the ER it was gone, he was in a giggly-good mood, and he had no swelling or other signs of trouble. He has been a little fussy since then, mostly tired I think, and though he looks downright miserable in this picture I'm posting it so you can see that there's almost no bruise!

5. I finally got some pictures framed this week. See?


Now, where to put them ...
Hope your weekend is warm and wonderful.
3 comments:
Dear Athena! you're not the first to get a scare from the first baby-steps of sons! Mine fell with the chin, having his tongue between his teeth on the edge of the table. He had a big cut across his tongue going all the way through and bleeding like a slain pig! He was lucky he didn't need stitches, but just barely! He still has a big scar ON the tongue, but it went ok! You will probably have a lot of this coming! You just have to brace yourself, it's all in the game!! Kisses, Katerina
Poor kid. It makes you want to child-proof the world, but you do all you can and you leave the rest to God.
Regarding the new washer/dryer, it's great that you can dry clean stuff with it and save money, but you can also reduce your exposure to hazzrdous dry-cleaning chemicals and it's probably a bit better for the environment too. Your guys are smart!
oh those appliances are making my mouth water. Does that make me officially old, too?
Post a Comment