Thursday, July 31, 2008

First image

Here is Baby #2, at 6mm long! I am officially 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant, going by the measurements. I thought I was 7 weeks today so I'm a little bit behind (which explains the trouble my doctor had finding this little cutie when she did an ultrasound two weeks ago ...). If you look between the white Xs (you have to click on the image to enlarge it, and then you can see what I'm talking about - you can even make out the head and arms!) you can see the chest cavity, where his/her heart is already beating very strongly. We watched it for a few minutes on the screen and it took my breath away. Here is the little person who's going to complete our family this spring, I thought. Here is the person who will keep Nick company all his life - who will celebrate lifes ups and downs with him, as my siblings have with me.

I'm due March 23, 2009 - 8 days before Nick's 2nd birthday. But it's possible I will deliver this one early since Nick came early, 4 weeks early to be precise.

Now if only I didn't feel like I wanted to throw up every 5 minutes, I could actually relax a bit and enjoy the ride!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Mackenzie was born on March 23rd. It is a good birthday!

Cottage At Dove Canyon said...

Oh so fun to see a sneak peak. Hope you are doing well!