Good thing you can't get KK just any old place at any time. Next time will either be at the fair or on 4th of July 2009.
Anyway, this entire weekend he has been in the BEST mood, aside from the moments when he needed to "demonstrate his independence" as the book calls it (read: act like a crazy monster man and humiliate mama). He really only threw one tantrum this weekend (knock on wood - it's still Saturday evening as I write this) and that was at the park. He's obsessed with "big kids" and wanting to do what they do. Well, wouldn't you know there were bunch of five year-olds playing soccer and he was SO mad that Dave and I wouldn't let him go and interrupt their game. Hmmph.
Then he wanted to walk all alone down the concrete path that runs the length of the park. We let him go. And as I watched from behind, I got teary eyed. I remembered someone telling me that once children learn to walk they begin the journey out of your arms and they become the world's child, not yours anymore. I don't know. It was a mushy mama moment. It seems like he was just born yesterday and, snap, there he goes walking down the path away from me in big-boy shoes and I know that, snap, I'll turn around again and he'll be walking down another path toward kindergarten. It's just going by so fast. Too fast.
But I enjoy the hell out of every moment, I'll tell you. Even the ones that make me crazy. No one will ever be able to say I didn't savor this time, because I have in every possible way. And on weekends like this, when he's just as sweet and happy and giggly and fun as he can be, I try as hard as I can to stop time.
Okay so on with the happy pics and pics from fourth of July in his spiffy red-white-and-blue shirt, white linen roll-up pants, and blue Robeez sandals. Doesn't he look patriotic?
No comments:
Post a Comment