Nick is all about birds - he loves seeing them in person, and he has a special book he calls "bird book" (the real title is "Who Pretends?" but because it has a bird in it, he named it bird book) that he insists on us reading to him at least 4 times before nap and bed and 4 times afterward. In fact when he wakes from his nap the first thing he says is "bird book?"
I'm loving this time with him when he's developing his vocabulary and becoming expressive. The way he says bird is adorable to me - he always raises his voice at the end, as if he's asking a question ("bird?") and he sees birds where there are none, like inside the grocery store for example. He'll point up and say "bird?" and I feel so sad when I have to disappoint him and say "No, Nick, there's no bird in here." Last week he caught me off guard though at Red Robin when he said "bird?" and I said, "no honey, no bird" and he got so frustrated with me: "bird! bird! bird!"
and pointed at his cup, which actually did have a bird - a red robin, duh - on the front.
Here's a short clip of him bird-hunting one morning with Dave:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cute. What is even more cute is his hair - which is so business in the front and party in the back
Post a Comment