Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fage: My new favorite thing

I'll admit it: I'm a yogurt snob. The thicker and more Greek-style I can find, the better. However, Greek yogurt tends to be very high in fat. It's almost like concentrated yogurt if you haven't tried it - very thick, very rich, somewhat tart. A friend turned me on to Fage because it's lowfat Greek yogurt with the same consistency as other, higher fat brands. The only problem is that it comes unflavored at my Henry's and Trader Joes and has no sweetness to mellow the taste. I solved this problem today by adding 2 teaspoons of all natural raspberry preserves (Bonne Maman, to be specific) and stirring well. The result? Heaven at only about 160 calories a container and 4 grams of fat (compare to 360 cals and 17 grams of fat in my former fave brand). You must try it. Stir in your fave preserves and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I love Fage too. Such great taste, so much protein, and so little fat! I did have this high-fat greek fig yogurt recently that was pretty frickin' amazing. I'd like to try adding a little of that fig jam I got you to some Fage and see how it tastes. Yum!

Cottage At Dove Canyon said...

Okay, I tried fage (pronounced fa-hee) and I love it! I copied Jethro's idea and added fig jam. It was divine. How can that tub only have 90 calories?