Thursday, September 11, 2008

So in love

My heart is full of love these days, for the one who's already here and the one whose arrival I await. I look at Nick in complete awe and ask myself often how it's possible that I made him, and reflect on how God gave me a child more beautiful, sweet, and gentle than I ever imagined. This photo I took yesterday really captures the essence of his spirit. Then yesterday I had my first trimester screen for Baby #2 and got the first real glimpse of him or her (the tech said she bets it's a girl ... won't know for sure for a few more weeks). And there my next child was, moving and kicking and sucking its thumb. Love all over again. Love bigger than I imagined possible. It's amazing how the experience of motherhood fills your heart. I feel very blessed today.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I can totaly relate. Kids are such a miracle and a HUGE blessing from the Lord.

What a sweet picture.

BeachyDuck said...

Yay! I thouht it was a girl! I believe the tech...you know, based on my sample size of 1. :) Have I mentioned how ridiculously excited I am for you? :) Love you!