Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. Susie added me to a Facebook group called Ten on Tuesday, so now the pressure's on :0).
2. This is my 13th week of pregnancy, and I'm feelin' it.
3. I bought my first new piece of maternity clothing yesterday after looking through all my other stuff from my pregnancy with Nick and not being able to wear any of it yet because it's all too big. Now that was a nice surprise given that I feel huge!
4. I really like my students and my classes this semester, which is a big deal because when I don't enjoy my classes the semester goes by very s-l-o-w-l-y.
5. Dave told me yesterday that he wishes I were more ambitious, like I was when we got married and had my sights firmly set on a college presidency (which I still do ... just not in the predictable future). I wanted to react to that comment, but I took a deep breath and just realized that to a man working a full-time job (even if I cram it all into 3 days a week), raising a toddler, running a household, and being pregnant may not seem like a lot and that ambition from his perspective means climbing the corporate ladder, which I'm still doing but at an admittedly snail-like pace. Reminds me of that book title "Men are from Mars and women are from some better planet."
6. So I am feeling like an underachiever today, even though my house is clean, my toddler is smart and healthy, my job is under control, my courses are planned all the way through the semester's end, and all the laundry is clean.
7. I just made coffee and it smells so good!
8. I caught up with my friend Bridget (Peach) Bartels yesterday and it was like no time had passed at all since we last talked. I love lifelong friendships.
9. Nick and I are joining Malu and Ben for music class this morning.
10. So I have to go ... have a good week!

3 comments:

Susie said...

See? 10 on Tuesday rocks :)

And. Life is going to be enjoyable as you're "climbing" that ladder- at least when you're like 60- you'll have grown kids to enjoy it with. Right? So, keep your ambition. There's a season for EVERYthing.

Jeff said...

1. Ambition is overrated and life is short.

2. Bridget (Peach) Bartels (& Jaymes). Wine coolers make me think of the 80's.

Cottage At Dove Canyon said...

Bridget, like wine coolers, also makes me think of the 80s because that is when I knew her.
Miss you.