Sunday, March 08, 2009

Six on Sunday

1. First and foremost, I have decided to reschedule (push back) Zoe's induction until Tues., March 17th. I'm not dilated yet and there are too many studies documenting the correlation between undilated induction and increased risk of c-section. I'm a researcher by trade, and our mantra is "data don't lie" so I am going to give Zoe another week to get things moving on her own.
2. I have chosen 3/17 because of numerology. It's a "master number" day - one of only two in the month - and, well, if I get to pick her birthday I might as well select the date that gives her (in new age terms at least) the best chance at an easy life. Right?
3. Today was funny. I was getting in the car to go run errands with Nick and Dave and I stopped to put on chapstick. Dave happened to have the camera right there. He said something like, "why bother?" as a joke (like you're so big, no one will notice whether you have lipstick on or not) and I laughed so hard. He snapped a pic of the moment. You can see I was genuinely cracking up at myself.
4. Then this evening the camera was in the right place again when Nick was wanting to touch and hug my big belly. We took quite a few shots of him with Zoe, but I liked this one best for some reason. 5. I still think Zoe will end up arriving this week - toward the end of the week, actually - but at least I know I have no more than 7 full days to go before she arrives.
6. Which means I can still knock a few things off my To Do List (order Nick's birthday cake, get him new shoes, submit my article for publication, oh and rest) before she arrives. I ordered him the cutest "big bro" shirt from Etsy to wear to the hospital for his first visit after she's born, and got her a matching "lil sis" onesie too! They arrived on Saturday and are washed and ready to go.

Tick, tock, watching the clock. It's sure to be an exciting week around here (if a difficult one - I am in major pain, could hardly walk through Costco this morning). Please send prayers and good thoughts for a healthy and swift delivery.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Oh my word, you and Sarah have me on the edge of my seat with these babies arriving!!