Friday, February 29, 2008

How old is she?

Almost everywhere I go, people ask how old my daughter is. So I ask you: Does Nick really look like a girl? I dress him in greens and blues for the most part, including lots of boyish stuff from Old Navy and Baby Gap. There are no yellow outfits to confuse people. But literally 8 times out of 10 when people approach us, they ask, "How old is she?" When I say, "HE is 11 months" they say, "Oh, it's those eyes," or "Oh, but he has such long eyelashes." They tell me to take it as a compliment, and most of the time I do.

I'm just not sure what to to do about it. When you have a baby girl who looks boyish because she's bald (that was the case for me when I was a baby) you can put a bow or headband on her. Problem solved.

Just when I was thinking about this, I snapped some pics of Nick and gosh-darnit, he does look a little like his name should be Nicole, not Nicholas :0).

2 comments:

Cottage At Dove Canyon said...

I'll buy him a toolbelt and one of those beer helmits. That should do the trick, right?

Jeff said...

Just leave his diaper and pants off. That bare tweeter will be all the cue that people will need. If that's too extreme for you or you're worried about him getting cold, just put a pair of miniature cowboy chaps on backwards to expose his unit so there's no confusion. Awkward social problem solved.
Jeff