Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. I want another baby. I want to be pregnant again. But we've decided not to have any more children, for a lot of reasons. That doesn't mean I don't want any more. Must be something about being *almost* 35 [tick, tock, tick], and now having had a baby knowing my cycles so well [feeling almost an authority on the subject], and thus knowing how easy it would be to get pregnant again [in theory], and seeing Nick get older, and getting close to his 1st birthday, and missing his babyness, and ... {sigh}. Then I think how easy it will be to just have one, and I kind of stop being so melodramatic about the whole thing.
2. It's SO beautiful outside.
3. The 3,000 birds I told you about are still here. Their foodsource is almost gone, however.
4. Nick will turn 11 months old this week.
5. I can't figure out whether to have a big birthday party for his 1st or a small, just-family-type-of-thing. Any advice from you experienced moms on what to do?
6. I'm still feeling under the weather. Nick seems to be bouncing back nicely.
7. I just wish the doctor had said straight up, "Oh and by the way, this amoxicillin is going to cause him to have explosive diarrhea 4 times a day until he stops taking it." Might've been good to know up front. I should tape a sign to my head when we go to the doctor that says, "REMEMBER: I AM A NEW MOM. TELL ME THE STUFF YOU THINK I PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW. BECAUSE CHANCES ARE I DON'T."
8. I miss my sister.
9. My students have been cute, sending me emails wishing me a speedy recovery - makes me feel loved.
10. My mom arrives today for THREE days and I am SO excited to have her company. She stayed away while we were in the throes of this flu so she wouldn't catch it. I hope we're not contagious now.

1 comment:

Susie said...

For Sarah's first birthday, we made a big to-do for her party and invited family only. It was a Hawaiian themed party and we had hula wear and Hawaiian meatballs and basically kept it to an adult party scene. After all, it's more for the parents and not for the little one.
My 2 cents.