Saturday, February 16, 2008

Some proof of his Greek heritage

Nick does not look Greek; and yet he has what is perhaps the most Greek name a man can have: Nick Perrakis. His whole life, people will make assumptions about what he will look like before they meet him. And when he shows up, all sandy-blondish-brown haired and blue-eyed with pale skin, I think most will be surprised. Of course, he looks just like me, and people have always said that I have the most Greek name and that I don't look Greek either. Go figure.

But one sure sign he's Greek is his hair. It's as curly as you can get, especially when it's wet. Did he inherit his father's nice straight fine hair? Nope. He took after me in that regard, too. Here are pics of his hairline over the months, as it receded (read: fell out) and then came back. Kind of a fun, if weird, way to track his development, from full head of hair to bald and back again. He was born with so much and it just fell out in clumps after a few months. Poor little guy, he was almost completely bald by 6 months. In one specific area, at the very back of his head, I swear he lost every single hair at one point. Look - it's almost all grown back now!

1 WEEK OLD:3 MONTHS OLD:6 MONTHS OLD:9 MONTHS OLD: 10 1/2 MONTHS OLD (TODAY):

No comments: