Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. I'm sick, so the other 9 items will be brief.
2. Being sick when you are breastfeeding/pregnant sucks because you can't take over-the-counter meds.
3. On days like today I wish I had hired help.
4. The sleep drama continues. Check out this pic from yesterday morning's angry wake-up call.
WWWHHHYYYYYYYY AM I IN HERE? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?
5. Last week I put a counter on my blog because I was starting to think no one reads it - but then in the past 5 days there have been more than 100 hits so ... I guess people do read and just don't comment? Come out of the shadows, folks!
6. I am really, really enjoying my classes this semester. The material is interesting and everyone is very engaged. I look forward to Wednesdays and Thursdays each week. And how crazy is this: We're already 1/4 of the way done.
7. I have been asked to write a book on academic administration and I am very excited about that, too. Guess what I'll be doing at night after Nick goes to sleep for the next oh, say, year or two.
8. None of my clothes fit me well right now - they are either too big or too small. So my husband says (super non-chalantly as a man would), "Why don't you go get some new stuff?" Because, I tell him, going into a store and trying on clothes while keeping your 10-month-old baby entertained (or just keeping him from screaming like a monkey) is like trying to put a cat in a cage while you paint your fingernails. The two just don't mix and if you try to do both at once, someone will get hurt.
9. I'm a little obsessed with taking pictures, if you haven't noticed. Yesterday I snapped this pic of Nick's hand on top of David's and I think it's beautiful.10. Through facebook I am now back in touch with all my best friends from elementary, middle, and high school. And guess what? They all have babies too. And guess what else? Their babies don't sleep, either. And guess what's funny? We have all read the same book lately, The No Cry Sleep Solution, and it's not working for any of us. But we all tried Ferberizing and agree that's not a solution, either. Small world, huh?

Hope you had a happy and healthy three-day weekend.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

WHY AM I IN HERE?! HAHA! He's such an easy-going kid that it seems strange to see him like this. He does seem to calm down quickly though which is great. I think some kids keep crying much longer than they should.

I miss you guys...I wish I could have come down with Mom this week. I hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

There are readers out here in Blog land! I enjoy how you blog about your life and your world. Susie put me onto your blog and I love it. Thanks.