Sunday, February 03, 2008

Six on Sunday

1. I don't watch the Super Bowl, and that's okay (self-affirmation).

2. Nick is refusing to take a bottle, and it's making it really hard on everyone for me to be away two days a week. He nurses for about half an hour straight when I get home, poor little guy. And on Thursday he also nursed all night long.

3. But my classes went really well this week, and I was so glad to see everyone - I'm trying to focus on the positive and know that we will get through the rough patches.

4. I can't believe Angeline Jolie is pregnant with twins. How on earth does she balance all those kids and her career and her marriage and all the traveling they do? I can barely keep my little life together sometimes - ONE baby, working PART-TIME outside the home, NO travel, NO marriage to a megastar, NO pressure to be amazingly attractive all the time. Ugh! Makes me tired just thinking about it. She either has a staff of people who help with eve-ry-thing, or she's just a much more able woman than I am. Or both.

5. Speaking of tired, I am too wiped out and busy to add a photo to this post right now - might do it later, though.

6. I made BBQ beer chicken in the slow-cooker today and it was yummy! Here is the recipe:

2 lbs chicken tenders
1 cup dark ale or beer
1 1/2 cups good quality BBQ sauce
1 onion, sliced into wedges
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
soft sandwich buns

Brown the chicken in the oil, season with salt and pepper. Place in slow-cooker, add onion wedges. Combine beer and BBQ sauce and pour over chicken and onions. Cook on high 4 hours. Serve on buns. Makes 6 small sandwiches or 4 extra-large, Super Bowl Sunday-size ones.

ENJOY! Happy Sunday to you.

No comments: