Sunday, February 10, 2008

Seven on Sunday

1. It's so beautiful outside that I feel stupid sitting indoors writing this list. So I am going to stop and come back later.

2. So glad I did that - even if only for a few minutes. I cannot WAIT for summer.

3. Yesterday we took Little Man to the Wild Animal Park for the first time. It's literally 15 minutes north of us, and we have free passes, so I don't know what took us so long. But we had fun. He wasn't very interested in the animals, except for a pair of ducks who were wandering around and came up to see him in his stroller. Other than that, the gorillas, the elephants, the birds, he could take or leave them really. Next time we go and he's a little older, I think he's going to be able to take more in.

4. Speaking of Little Man and animals ... he's growing by leaps and bounds and acting kind of nutty and animal-like himself right now. This weekend he started to stand up by himself without holding on to anything or anyone (and scared his mama half to death because now that he can do it, he wants to do it all the time), and he has learned to blow bubbles (it's so cute ...) and wants to do that all the time. He's just a standing-up-alone, blowing-bubbles kind of guy today.

5. This week will be my third week back at work and I've found my rhythm. I am so lucky to do something I love for a living.

6. My wrist is hurting a LOT and I'm thinking that I'll have to have surgery this summer, like it or not, risky as it may be. My question is: How will I possibly live my crazy life if I can't move my hand for 2 months? At least I'll be off work.

7. Next week is Valentine's Day and my mom's birthday. I am excited about both. My grandma's birthday is on the 13th. She would have been 91 this year, rest in peace.

Have a good week - the sunshine isn't going anywhere, say the forecasters, so enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

1 comment:

Cottage At Dove Canyon said...

Love that he is a "standing up alone, blowing bubbles kind of guy."