Friday, February 08, 2008
Love and mashed potatoes
My mom is an amazing grandmother, and that comes as absolutely no surprise to anyone who knows her and who understands how long she waited for the opportunity to arrive. Nothing, however, prepared me for the joy I'd feel when I saw my mom in her grandmother role. It's a sight to behold. What's especially wonderful is how much Nick loves her back. I knew she'd be crazy about him; but I didn't anticipate that at such a young age, before he could even talk, he'd be able to reciprocate so fully. When he sees her he lights up with an almost silly grin, and I've been able to capture it on film. He doesn't smile this way for just anyone. These are Grammie Smiles.


Do you want to know why this week, in particular, reinforced Nick's devotion to his Grammie? Two words: MASHED POTATOES. He's had them before, but never with cream of chicken soup gravy on top. He ate two bowls full in one sitting.


Cute, huh? The love of a grandmother is something special and Nick is, I think, blessed beyond belief to have this lady's heart in his hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And that's the way it should be, loving grandma, don't you think? Simply lovely photos.
Absolutely Adorable. Makes me miss him AND mom's mashed potatoes! They are the best.
Post a Comment